Monday, October 10, 2005

My new favorite college

okay random thought... until the tour guide explained the whole "ithaca is gorges" gorgeous thing, i honestly didn't notice a difference... I always said "Ithaca is Gorgeous", never noticing the spelling error.... yea i'm an idiot


so anyways, Ithaca College is awesome!!!!!! The campus is beautiful. I went on a day with nice warm weather, but just as the leaves were starting to change colors.... and from the top of the campus you could see down into the valley and the lake, which only had a few sailboats left. I'm not kidding, it was beyond gorgeous. Now I know from it being CNY that this image won't last past November (damn snow) but it was a nice experience.
The actual college, like the facilities, was really nice... My dad did however point out (being the loser that he is) that the pavement needed some repair, but other than that everything seemed to be perfect! The have a really good theater program and although they don't have an engineering program, they do have the physics and environmental sciences and such, so to me thats close enough if I do decide to go into that type of stuff.
Oh, another bonus... it's a D3 school meaning that there's a slight, very very slight chance of me going out for the volleyball team... and i think that'd be cool!

The dorms are the best I've ever seen! There are 3 sections of dorms, and I've heard that one of them is not so nice, but the ones I saw were awesome! They were fairly large, and they were in a really tall building, so from the height, you could see over the trees right into the valley and down to the lake, and since it was such a gorgeous day, I thought it was preety cool!
When we did go to see the dorms, we did have a laughable experience... we went to the door and our tourguide knocked. This shirtless kid who had obviousely just woken up (it was 2pm) opened the door and said his roomate, the onewho had vollunteered their room was out at the moment but we could come in anyways... as we walked in, the shirtless guy went over to his dirty cloth mound and picked up the shirt on top, he smelled it, made a disturbed face, and set it back down... then went over to his bed, rolled over, and went back to sleep... with us still standing inhis doorway. I don't know why, but this made my father and me laugh for a good 10 minutes.
This guy fufilled my dad's ideas about the steryotypical college students, Party all night, sleep till 2... which made my father a little uncomfortable, but whatever!

so Ithaca really is gorgeous, and it is at the moment my top school
and it's not incredibly difficult to get into with the grades and SAT scores I've got right now

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home